Week One Progress+How I got here

Today is an important day. It marks one week on the Jenny Craig program, which means that I got to see how much I’ve lost so far. And as of about 8am this morning, I have lost 4lbs! It might not seem like much but it’s a healthy weight drop for one week’s worth of work. I haven’t really even changed my activity level yet, which I will admit is low. Altogether I plan on losing at least 114 lbs, hopefully more. I plan on doing this in 1 year, hopefully less!

I have to admit that I was hoping for a larger drop of weight for my first week, but considering I lost twice as much as I’m supposed to do in each week, I think I’m doing just fine. If I was able to lose 4 lbs by just changing to a healthier diet, imagine what I could lose when I really start to exercise!

So how was my first week experience?

I picked up my bodymedia armband today, and I’m already practically obsessed with it.

If you had asked me five or six days ago I would have done nothing but complain! I will be completely honest with you, I was a crabby bitch for two days while I was getting used to the change. But on day three I woke up and I didn’t think, “OH MY GOD get me some FOOD” right off the bat. I also stopped eating every two hours (small meals) and progressed to every three or more. The problem with my hunger level is that no matter what, as long as I’m on the Abilify (The medication that controls my bipolar disorder) I will CONSTANTLY be hungry.

And that’s how I’ve gotten here today. Before I started my medicine, I weighed about 200 pounds. It wasn’t a good weight to be at, and I wasn’t happy with it. But my weight was the least of my worries, especially when I was discovering my symptoms of the bipolar disorder. In a period of about a year, year and a half, I have gained over 100lbs. The reason why I gained so much so soon is that my medicine must trigger something in my brain that makes me constantly hungry, so hungry that my stomach aches or I even throw up when I don’t eat.

I can’t blame all of this on my medicine, though it’s a really huge factor. When I would eat I would eat foods that weren’t exactly comparable to apples and broccoli! I also never really work out or get exercise. Boo on me, I know.

At least I have decided to change. And this week has been a large step in the right direction!

I will definitely keep you all updated on my progress yet to come!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment